The Operation and Maintenance Manager shall have overall responsibility/ownership for safe operation, production and maintenance activities/tasks in the LNG plant operational area. The O&M Manager will be responsible for all operations, maintenance, repair, company personnel and safety for the LNG plant. This includes the safe operation of the plant, feed gas, liquefaction, tanker loading, storage, and all the equipment which constitutes the Greenville LNG plant.
- Responsible for a functional O&M department capable of supporting LNG production on a 24 hour continuous basis.
- Develop and implement maintenance management system in conjunction with maintenance manager.
- Develop and take ownership of O&M manuals and procedures and ensure available resources to support safe O&M activities.
- Operations and Logistics lead on the facility delegating duties to the control room supervisor/production scheduler on the inventory management and scheduling of the supply, storage and use. Coordinating with the maintenance and technical manager for the O&M of the facility.
- Contribute to the company’s HSE performance by ensuring applicable HSE standards are known and followed at all times, including the prompt reporting of any safety or environmental hazards or incidents. Set relevant HSE goals for each team member to ensure their awareness and performance are maintained at a high level.
- Manage the coordination with senior leadership and analysts to define the annual delivery plan and customer requirements.
- The main point of contact during emergency responses, responsible for the LNG Terminal with the primary objective of the preservation of life, secondary objective is the protection of property and third objective is to protect the environment.
- Set KPI for all O&M positions and activities.
- Owner of PTW including functionality/improvements, isolation’s standards competencies, issuing precautions, compliance, auditing, PTW manuals and authorizations.
- Operating budget development to include all maintenance activities, spare parts, capital expenditures, HSEQ and personnel.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders where required on design, engineering, construction and permitting compliance for operational excellence.
- Negotiate with third party suppliers and vendors as necessary to ensure the best overall quality and service levels.
- Coordinate internally on meeting regulatory requirements, any statutory requirements and other goals and objectives set by senior leadership that will be needed to operate the facility in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the highest safety standards are implemented and maintained for all personnel, machinery and equipment.
- Maintain regular communication with senior leadership as to the status of operations and work/repairs/upgrades that are underway.
Implement a monthly, weekly safety meeting as well as daily toolbox and coordination meetings to discuss upcoming tasks to ensure all persons
- involved are aware of their roles and responsibilities and provide an opportunity for individuals to participate and give feedback in an effort to improve safety and team spirit.
- Clearly define and communicate roles/responsibilities to all O&M personnel.
- Carry out oversight of all technical aspects of maintaining operational integrity and reliability of the facility in order to ensure that commercial requirements remain fulfilled.
- Hire and ensure all necessary training of all personnel in maintaining and optimizing the facility.
EDUCATION AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- The ideal candidate must be a Chemical Engineer with demonstrated experience in Management of operations and maintenance in LNG plant.
- More than 12 years’ experience in Oil and Gas out of which 5 years must be hand-on LNG O&M management experience.
- Must be experienced in leading O&M improvements processes and management.
- Must have proven track record of Skills in setting O&M priorities to support production.
- Knowledge and understanding of HSSE concepts and management techniques, hazard identification and risk management.
- In development and implementation of Emergency Response functionality, PTW system and ensuring capability.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Suitably qualified candidates should forward their resume with the job code to email@example.com not later than two (2) weeks from date of publication. Only applications that meet the relevant qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
N:B It is not the intention of the position description to limit the scope or accountabilities of the position but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. The aspects mentioned above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirement of the role such variations are common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job.
All advertised positions attract a competitive remuneration package.